Startling Social Media Statistics
Social media has revolutionized the way that we communicate and interact with each other. Every day, over 245 million people in the US alone use social media to engage with friends, family and businesses. Nielsen estimates that social media and blogs reach 80% of all active US Internet users.
We have compiled 10 shocking social media statistics to give you a deeper insight on enormous potential that social media marketing holds.
- Experienced social marketers have measured up to 91% improved website traffic due to engaging social media campaigns.
- Social networks and blogs account for 23% of all time spent online
- One in every seven minutes spent online is spent on Facebook.
- 40% of people visit a brand’s Facebook page before visiting their website
- Adding a photos to posts increases the longevity of the content by 16%
- Facebook interaction between businesses and consumers is 30% higher than average on Sundays.
- Only 5% of Facebook brand pages answer wall posts
- 52% of consumers say they have removed updates from a brand on Facebook because the posts are “too repetitive and boring.”
- 75% of consumers shop online before they buy offline
- 84% of consumers are looking for an independent review
If you aren’t already on social media, your competitors are probably building engaging relationships that could be yours.
Sources: Neilson, comScore, Harris Interactive, Washington Post, WOMMA, Mindjumpers, ZDNet, Social Media Influence, jeffbullas.com, Media Post,