“Thank You Economy” – Our Gospel
Social Media has created a new customer with a new set of expectations and every single business in this country has been effected. “The Thank You Economy” by Gary Vaynerchuck is hands down one of the best books you will read on the subject. He is very entertaining, engaging and he has great ideas! Here is a sneak peek at what you can expect.
Quoted from Gary Vaynerchuck’s “The Thank You Economy”
- Care about your customers, about your employees, about your brand – with everything you’ve got.
- Erase any lines in the sand-don’t be afraid of what’s new or unfamiliar.
- Show up first to market whenever possible, early the rest of the time.
- Instill a culture of caring into your business by:
- Being self-aware
- Mentally committing to change
- Setting the tone through your words and actions
- Investing in your employees
- Being authentic – whether online or offline, say what you mean and mean what you say
- Empowering your people to be forthright, creative and generous
- Speak your customers language
- Allow your customers to help you shape your brand or business, but never allow them to dictate the direction in which you take it.
- Build a sense of community around your brand
- Arrange for traditional and social media to play Ping-Pong and extend every conversation
- Direct all of your marketing initiatives toward the emotional and to the creative extremes
- Approach social media initiatives with good intent, aiming for quality engagements, not quantity
- Use shock and awe to blow your customers minds and keep them talking
- If you must use tactics, use “pull” tactics that remind consumers why they should care about your brand
- If you’re small, play likes you’re big: if you are big, play likes your small
- Create a sense of community around your business or brand
- Don’t be afraid to crawl before you run